The High School Wrestlers traveled to Hurricane High School for the Mike Ellis Invitational for their first wrestling match of the season on Saturday, December 2nd, 2017. Calhoun County placed 8th out of 15 teams. Team members and their individual records are as follows:
- 106 lb. class – Sophomore Chris Johnson, 4-1;
- 120 lb. class – Junior Dakota Godfrey, 3-2;
- 126 lb. class – Freshman Carter Ritchie, 2-3;
- 132 lb. class – Junior Scott Freeman, 3-2;
- 138 lb. class – Senior Eli Stump, 4-1;
- 145 lb. class – Freshman Tom Hughes, 3-2;
- 160 lb. class – Junior Dalton McCune, 4-0.
The team is coached this year by Brian Ritchie and Andrew Cummings. The team will travel to Pt. Pleasant for the Jason Eades Memorial Duals on Friday, December 8th at 4 p.m. and again on Saturday starting at 9 a.m.